Our Board and staff are excited to join together in just a few days to launch our conference.
We have over 300 Ohio AAP members and partners attending the conference this year. We have received great feedback on our Conference in a Box and we are thrilled to be able to provide this again for you in 2021.
We hope you are as excited as we are for this virtual event.
Save the Date! We are looking forward to gathering in person on October 28-29, 2022 at the Polaris Hilton!
Here is the conference agenda for your review and reference.
We are also excited to launch our 2021 Annual Meeting website, this one stop shop contains all of the details you will need for the conference.
Please note that the virtual program, slides and resources will be posted at 10 am on 10/29.
Below you will find the Zoom links for our sessions. You will be prompted to “register. This is a necessary step to track attendance for CME/MOC II. Once you enter your name and email, you will see the link to join:
- Friday, October 29, 2021 11:30 am-5:00 pm-All Sessions
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 8:30-10:00 am-Business Meeting
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 10:15 am- 12:30 pm-Affirming Mental Health Practices to Create Supportive and Inclusive Spaces for LGBTQ+ Teens in Ohio
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 10:15 am-12:30 pm-Addressing Obesity, Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Following Post-COVID-19
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 10:15 am-12:30 pm-Diagnosis and Management of Emergent GI Issues, Treatments Plans and Connecting PCPs with GI Sub-specialists
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 10:15 am-12:30 pm-Preserving the Medical Home during COVID: COVID Vaccine Administration in Your Practice, Parental Refusal, Making the Most of your Visits and Maximizing Opportunities for Vaccine
All participants will join in listen-only mode. Please join with your video turned off.
- Please use the chat box for comments, questions, observations, fun facts-please share it all!
- Ohio AAP team members will monitor the chat box throughout the event to assure that all items are addressed and that we have lively interactions.
- Please join our Zoom meeting 5 minutes ahead of the session to make sure you are connected.
- Before the day of the meeting, make sure you have access to:
- A computer with a stable Internet connection
- A webcam – built-in or external attachment
- A power cord and/or make sure your computer is fully charged
QUICK TIPS FOR A GREAT ZOOM EXPERIENCE!
- Please enter the meeting with your video turned off.
- Feel free to send someone a compliment on their comments or questions in the meeting chat. Keep chats and comments appropriate, courteous, and professional.
- If you’re a Zoom pro, help answer technical questions from other attendees in the chat!
- Please avoid sharing unconstructive or hurtful comments or feedback—whether via verbal comments or chatted messages—that make others feel unsafe or not valued
We know each of you as pediatricians, teachers, parents, administrators, public health professionals and community organization representatives have stories to share from the past 18 months on how the pandemic impacted children. Please send them via email to email@example.com or use the chat function at the meeting so that we can compile these stories as Ohio AAP shares strategies and resources to help create a positive path forward for Ohio’s children.
As part of our Keynote session on suicide prevention, we are holding a raffle to raise funds to support further spread of our Store it Safe program. Please see additional details below to learn more and purchase tickets, this is a tax deductible donation. We have the Pandemic Survival Prizes listed below. Thank you for your support and please let me know if you have any questions.
Click here to purchase raffle tickets, winners will be notified via chat box and email, you do not need to be present to win. Anyone who donates over $100 will be invited to our virtual happy hour with a mixologist on 10/29 at 5:15 pm.
- Ohio AAP staff will send a link to the MOC Part II knowledge-based questions and they will be posted here within the evaluation form, we will also post this link in the chat box.
- You will receive an email following the close of the event for evaluation and instructions to claim CME/MOC II or receive a certificate of attendance.
We are thrilled to launch our virtual exhibit hall again this year, with 32 exhibitors! We have been working hard with our industry friends to give you access to the interactive exhibit experience of Annual Meeting.
Please see a special message from our President-Elect, Dr. Chris Peltier about our networking sessions.
- Please plan to visit and chat live with our exhibitors on October 29, 2021 from 10 am to 4 pm to win prizes from each vendor! This year our exhibitors hold the clues to win our scavenger hunt. When you enter the virtual space, click the button below to chat live, learn about new products and services, receive a clue, enter it along with your name and hit submit! It is that easy!
- You will find each exhibitor here: Virtual Exhibit Hall. Click the logo to enter and chat during the following times:
- 10:00-11:30 AM-Networking
- 1:00-1:30 PM- Networking
- 2:30-2:45 PM- Networking
- 3:45-4:00 PM- Networking
- Need help with MS Teams? Please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hoping for FULL social media engagement at the conference this year! Ohio AAP Board, staff and influencers will be working hard to share our story on social media and interact with all of YOU!
Please use #safepedshealthykids and #OhioAAPAM when you post!
We would love for you to post this week to build momentum and inspire your colleagues to join us! Here are few sample posts and ideas:
- I’m joining the Ohio AAP at #OhioAAP Annual Meeting for 2 days of exclusive, hot topic education sessions on emergent child health topics, de-escalation techniques for a mental health crisis, COVID-19 recovery efforts, and much more! RSVP:
- I’m joining the Ohio AAP’s Annual Meeting keynote session, Stories from a Year Lost: Teens in Crisis. Learn how we can get our children back to a healthier mental state & receive FREE resources & techniques to help with teens in a mental health crisis! Register today at
- I’m joining @OHPediatricians at #OhioAAPAM for 2 days of exclusive, hot topic education sessions on emergent child health topics, de-escalation techniques for a mental health crisis, COVID-19 recovery efforts, and much more! RSVP at Ohio AAP Registration
- I’m joining @OHPediatricians Annual Meeting keynote session, Stories from a Year Lost: Teens in Crisis. Learn how we can get our children back to a healthier mental state & receive FREE resources & techniques to help with teens in a mental health crisis! Register today at SIS Keynote Registration
Please sure to follow and tag us!
Facebook: @aapohio Twitter: @OHPediatricians
Instagram: Ohio AAP LinkedIn: Ohio AAP
Tik Tok: Ohio AAP
If your schedule does not allow for you to attend the meeting, please let me know via return email ASAP. We want to make sure that we have enough openings for everyone to attend
If you have any trouble on the day of the event, please call or text Elizabeth Dawson at 614-570-4068 or via email at email@example.com.